Welcome To The Providence Village
The Providence Village, the founding Village of The Village Common of Rhode Island, has worked since 2015 to create a community of mutual support and to provide services that enable our members to continue to live and to thrive in their own homes and neighborhoods as they age. Our Village is built upon what we do for one another, and what we share.
The Providence Village relies on volunteers to provide practical support and to organize many social, cultural, and educational experiences. Volunteer teams can also connect members with many types of assistance from outside the Providence Village: contractors, outside agencies, support systems, and more.
Some of our practical services:
- Transportation in volunteers’ vehicles to and from appointments, activities, and more
- Shopping trips, trips to the bank, and other errands
- Help at home with electronic devices: computers, phones, TVs, DVRs
- Household chores and maintenance; minor repairs, and more
- Healthcare support and advocacy
- Referrals to outside agencies and support systems
- Referrals for contractors, housekeepers/cleaners, and more
- Home safety education and consultations
Some of our social cultural and educational activities:
- Social outings - meals, parties, picnics
- Museum trips, concerts, lectures, theatre outings
- Regular calls and visits just to say “hello”, chat, share, catch up, and be sure all’s well
- Book club and movies
- Neighborhood Circles - to connect members and volunteers who are neighbors
Inquire about joining the Providence Village, by calling (401) 442-5240. A membership ambassador will contact you to arrange a convenient time for a conversation about becoming a member.
Get involved with our community! Our volunteers - even if not a member - are part of our community, and are always welcome to join any activity or attend any event. To volunteer, please call (401) 442-5240. Please note that potential volunteer drivers will be asked to submit proof of insurance, a valid
driver’s license, and agree to a background check.
Contact The Providence Village
Call the office