We Support One Another
Members and volunteers of the The Village Common of Rhode Island have found new ways to connect and support one another, even as some services are temporarily suspended — those marked below with **.
- Transportation in volunteers’ vehicles to and from medical appointments
- Transportation for shopping and other in person errands: haircuts, the bank, etc.
- NO CONTACT Errands: the volunteer picks up/drops off groceries, prescriptions, etc. after making arrangements with the member
- Healthcare support and advocacy
- Referrals to outside agencies and support systems
- Referrals for contractors, housekeepers/cleaners, and more
- **Help at home with electronic devices: computers, phones, TVs, DVRs
- **Household chores and maintenance; minor repairs, and more
Social, cultural, and educational activities:
Many have migrated to Zoom and/or the telephone: please check the Village Common Calendar. Unsure about Zoom? Call (401 441 5240) for help.
- Neighborhood Circles - to connect neighboring members and volunteers
- Lectures, talks, meetings, social gatherings
- Book club and Movies Group
- Walk together! Physically distanced, socially together strolls in various lovely and easy-to-stroll Providence locations. To be continued until weather prohibits.
- Members who choose may receive regular friendly calls (Zoom or telephone)
- **Social outings in person: meals, picnics, parties, etc.
- **Museum trips, concerts, lectures, theatre outings